Monday, September 24, 2007

Cubbies

The long awaited day has come. All summer Emma has been waiting for her time to come to start Cubbies. Until last Wednesday she didn't know exactly what she was anticipating, but she was excited to be the one who gets to wear the blue vest and carry her Cubbie bag. Something she had watched her brother do for the last two year. Elias had been telling Emma all the fun things she could expect to do at Cubbies ie: snack, singing, dancing and exercising (and here I thought I was sending him to Bible memory program).

Emma's verse that she needs to memorize for next week is 1 John 4:10, "God is love". She has quickly memorized that verse and Elias's verse John 3:16. I am continually amazed at the difference in speech levels between girls and boys. The name Motormouth comes to mind. No, I'm not calling my little girl names. It's the word my 4th grade teacher used to describe me on my report card. Emma is often practicing her verbal skills and once in a while has to be told not more talking. Lately she's run out of normal words to say and makes us her own.


No comments: