These are a collection of conversations I've heard in our home. I've yet to figure out the formatting for these posts so the conversations may be a little hard to follow, sorry.
- Mom: No you may not pray and if you fuss about it you'll go to your room. (This may need some explaining. I usually do encourage my kids to pray, however, this morning there was an argument about who would get to pray and after an executive decision one child decided to loudly protest.)
- Elias: I can't pick up the toys because I'm sick and I don't want to get my toys sick.
- Elias: I know where babies come from, when you eat too much your stomach gets big and then there is a baby inside.
- Any mom who has seen the trying to hold it, "potty dance", will appreciate this.
Mom: Do you need to go potty?
Emma: No, I'm just exercising
- This conversation took place in the car.
Emma: Mommy, mommy
Mom: Yes, Emma what do you want?
Emma: No, I'm talking to Elias and pretending he's the mom.
Emma: Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. (each mommy got louder and more frustrated)
Mom: Emma, you may not talk like that even if you are pretending.
Emma: No, mommy, I'm trying to get your attention.
- This conversation took place after the kids were put in bed with instructions of no talking or getting out of bed. Names have been withheld to protect the not so innocent.
Mom: You are getting a spanking because you disobeyed Mommy and got out of bed.
child: You better not spank me because I will cry and then Brooke would wake up.
- Emma: When Brooke was in your tummy, how did the doctor get her out?
Mom: That's a good question for daddy.