Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FOOD

Why is it that I spend most meals encouraging my kids to eat and encouraging myself to do the opposite?

I've often thought what a blessing it is to a person to be disciplined and trained as a child instead trying to discipline one's self when older. Now I know perfection will never be obtained as a child or an adult, our sinful nature just won't allow it here on earth. But progress can be made through the grace of God. And I continually remind myself that I not only have to be diligent with my sin, but my chidren's sin as well. Oh, this is so hard, but what a blessing it is to my chidren if they start learning now to put other's interest before thier own or to not obey every fleshly desire. How thankful I am for the Lord's mercy and grace which makes sanctification not only possible but not such a burden.

No comments: