Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Vacation part 2

Going and Coming





It was about 55 miles to the hotel we booked, which in LA is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I had planned it that we would leave just as Brooke needed a nap. But as you can tell the wrong group took a nap. It reminds me of Proverbs 16: 9 "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." Brooke fell asleep just 15 minutes before we arrived and promptly woke up when the car stopped. I started to get a little panicky knowing that little nap would be just enought to cause her to not sleep again but surely not be enough to have a semi reasonable 1 year old the rest of the evening. She proved herself to be a typical 3rd child and rolled with the punches. And as long as I kept doling out the graham crackers she was fine.


On the way home we stopped for lunch at a German restaurant my husband had been eyeing. I meant to take a picture of all of us with our German food but (because of our pb&j breakfast at our 4 star no complimentary breakfast hotel) I was so hungry by the time the food arrived that I only had one thing on my mind. And thus we have a picture in front of the restaurant. The decor in the restaurant was the strangest thing though. It had typical German decorations of steins and mugs and German plates on the walls, but there was also this very feminine flowery wallpaper. It was an odd site that took me a few minutes to realize what was wrong with the picture. But the food was very yummy. But really I haven't had too many meals since I've been married that I didn't like if I didn't have to cook it. And there were enough left overs that I didn't have to cook supper either. It was a perfect end to a vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love Brooke awake and the others fast asleep. Brooke looks huge, she comes up to Emmas's armpit.